5 January 2014

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish


I'm sure i'm not the only one when I say my skin suffers over the winter months; all of those cold winds and rainy days really plays havoc with my complexion and I was hoping over Christmas that I would receive some decent skincare products.. well I must have been on Santa's good girl list as I received the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth cleanse, tone and polish kit - perfect!

I couldn't wait to give it a try and let you all know about it. I've got to say it is one of the best skincare products that I have used.(seriously!) It comes with a lovely muslin cloth that helps gently exfoliate your face as you use it, and you can really feel the difference.

This cleanse and polish is ideal for morning or evening and the formulation works on all skin types. My skin type is typically quite dry and oily around the T-Zone area and the fact that the cleanser is free from mineral oil and contains naturally active ingredients and has a thick creamy texture has really helped keep the oily complexion at bay as well as moisturising my skin where it is needed.

The cleanser has a two-phase action. Phase 1 is cleansing; applying one to two pumps of the cleanser onto dry skin on your face and neck twice a day removes all traces of face and eye make up - including that stubborn mascara that never wants to shift! Phase 2 is where you 'polish' the cream off using the muslin cloth (be sure to rinse the muslin cloth in hand-hot water and wring out gently before wiping the cream off; this helps exfoliate your skin by dislodging any dead skin cells leaving your skin feel super clean, soft and as smooth as a babies bottom!

The kit that I received also included an Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer which revitalises, soothes and tones for instant radiance and you apply it by spraying a fine mist over the face and body for an instantly reviving and refreshing boost. I have not used the spritzer yet but I bet it would be great whilst you are on holiday in the heat and need a bit of a refreshing lift!

I was also pleasantly surprised when I read the ingredients of the cleanser learning that it has naturally active ingredients including eucalyptus and cocoa butter. A full list of ingredients is listed below (taken off the Liz Earle website)

Beeswax
The beeswax used comes from the honeycombs in which bees store their pollen. It has skin protecting properties and helps to relive chapped and dry skin.

Eucalyptus Oil
The cooling essential oil is produced from leaves and twigs of a eucalyptus plant and has decongestant properties and is often used by aromatherapists to ease muscular aches and pains.

Glycerin
The glycerin we use is vegetable derived and attracts water by drawing atmospheric water onto the skin to aid hydration

Hops Extract
This herbal extract comes from the pine-cone like fruit of the hop plant and has astringent and toning properties

D-Panthenol
This ingredient is otherwise known as pro-vitamin B and is necessary for normal functioning of the skin. It also has a moisturising effect and helps stimulate cellular renewal.

Cocoa Butter
This rich, creamy butter has moisturising effects on the skin and is made from the roasted seeds of the cocoa tree. (the same seeds that give us chocolate - yum!)

Rosemary Essential Oil / Extract
This sacred herb has been used for centuries in beauty preparations and rosemary oil has a fresh pungent aroma and is very invigorating and stimulating and has beneficial anti-oxidant properties.

Chamomile Essential Oil
The essential oil is considered to be a gentle oil by aromatherapists and it is often used to sooth skin. It has a sweet apple like fragrance which is divine!

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to try and revive their skin after the harsh winter; it’s perfect and comes in perfect sized bottles that aren't too big and bulky.

I have noticed the difference after just a week of using the product and I can't wait to go out and buy some more Liz Earle products! A must have product!!

Have any of you used this product or one similar? What are your thoughts?



Lots of Love & Hugs

3 comments:

  1. Great in depth review, I have won one if the range & can't wait to give it a try.

    Hayley - teapartybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hayley! That's lovely of you, you will absolutely love the Liz Earle Skincare products, they're fab! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you listed all the ingredients! Great review :) I definitely want to give it a try!
    Play with Beauty

    ReplyDelete